About Livability Australia
Our Mission is to empower the individuals whom we support to lead full and meaningful lives.
Our Vision is to lead the Disability and Mental Health sector to meet the highest standard of support and care to individuals with diverse and complex needs.
- Communication – We believe that effective communication between our support workers and the people we support is essential.
- Compassion – We endeavour to understand issues and events in the person’s life that have brought them to our organisation.
- Collaboration – We all work together, we listen to each other, and we respect each other’s ideas and opinions.
- Empowerment – We empower the individuals whom we support by giving them choice and control over what happens in their lives. Livability Australia are committed to working with each person to implement their goals and improve their quality of life.
- Continual improvement - We reflect on issues as they arise and work together to continually improve the services that Livability Australia provides.
- Consistency – We understand the importance of consistency therefore we do not send support workers to people that they have not met before. When a support worker joins the team, they are introduced to the person before support commences. After the first shift we seek feedback from both the person and the support worker to ensure that it is a suitable match.
Our Staff Training
Our support staff are carefully vetted for qualifications, experience and an attitude that correlates with our values. One completion of induction training, we provide on going training in a variety of Disability Support and Mental Health service delivery settings such as:
- Positive Behavior Support
- Managing Challenging Behaviors
- Mental Health Awareness
- Medication management
- Infection control
- Manual Handling
Our staff also receive tailored training to meet the specific support needs of their clients such as:
- Diabetes management
- Epilepsy Training
- Individual Support Plans; and
- Training as recommended or requested by the participants
Real knowledge and understanding form support staff is key to effective service that promotes choice and control for those we support.NDIA Services
Quality and Safeguards
We collaborate with the NDIS Quality and Safeguards commission to ensure consistency, promote safety and quality services, resolve problems and identify areas for improvement.
As a consumer you can expect excellence in comprehensive reporting, transparency, complaints management, and adherence with the legislations, frameworks and guidelines that shape our sector towards best practice.
Our Policies and Protocols are shaped to ensure support staff and service users are protected and clear on processes. Livability Australia management team work closely with support staff, provide feedback and guidance in a supportive environment that enables our staff to set goals and thrive in their chosen field.
Livability Australia promote healthy work-life balance for our employees which is why we provide an exceptional Employee Assistance Program service that supports staff in many areas of life including:
- Career assistance
- Relationship support
- Nutrition and lifestyle
- Money assistance
- Conflict assistance and many more
We pride ourselves on a very low turnover of staff as evidence of how we can achieve consistency though supporting our valued employees.Contact Us
Get a Tailored Support Plan
Contact Livability Australia Today
Begin your support plan with us today. We guarantee you a tailored support plan you are happy with, making your life easier.Get Support